The perfect place to track the love and laughs our children bring us each day!





Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A Glimpse of What is To Come


You know you are in for it when your 2 year old can play pranks on you! I am still trying to determine if he really knew what he was doing or if things just happened to be in the right place at the right time for scaring the pants off mama. As usual I did some work once the kids went to bed and watched a bit of TV. I put my computer away like always. Then out of the corner of my eye I caught a glimpse of something pink sticking out at me to my left. What in the world?!? Another glimpse and I was up on my feet dancing around totally freaked out at the LIZARD that was crawling out of the crack in the couch not 3 inches from where I had been sitting! Needless to say I do not like bugs, lizards, insects, spiders, worms......get the point! So when I saw this thing and 1)did not know how long it had been there and 2)did not comprehend how something so big ended up in my house, let alone on my couch, I panicked =). Yeah, it has been raining a great deal and quite warm in our region for the middle of the Fall, but now the house was invaded....taken over....by LIZARDS....yikes! I was shaken from my panic with my husband laughing and laughing. This horrendous, outspoken intruder was nothing more than a plastic Komono Dragon conspicuously placed by none other than Fire Cracker! The truth came out the next morning when I calmly asked who left the lizard and he replied quite happily (and proud) "ME! I DID MAMA!". Now this whole episode would not catch me so off guard if the 6 year old had planned it, maybe not even if the 4 year old had. Fire Cracker is only 2!! I guess I have been naive to this point. I mean come on I have 3 boys and should have seen it coming. So now, I need to make a few adjustments......pretend like I really LOVE bugs so they won't think it is funny to scare me. I guess that means I have to stop asking the kids to kill and remove the spiders for me! Hmmm.....Maybe I'll start that next week!

2 comments:

  1. Oh My Goodness!!!! I am laughing out loud and will probably for a week with that story!! I can only imagine how freaked out you got, yet how PROUD Firecracker was! :) Keep the stories coming...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahem!!!! I do believe that Aunt Liz was in on the prank as she was the giver of the plastic reptile set....hehe

    ReplyDelete