The perfect place to track the love and laughs our children bring us each day!





Thursday, January 21, 2010

Close Your Eyes (and ears) Honey!

Ok, so this is not the top of blog reading for my husband, but I think it is too cute not to share! On rainy days when we are looking, actually desperately seeking, new and exciting things to do, I will pull out the barber shop activity. We really call it "playing beauty shop", but that about sends hubby to wits end! It all started about two years ago when Smoke Bomb asked to brush my hair and use the hair dryer. I thought hard for a minute and then reluctantly sat on the bathroom floor and let him try it out. For about the first 10 minutes I remember warning him quite boldly to not let the hair dryer touch my hair. To my surprise he never did burn my hair, thankfully. He had so much fun that the next time we stepped it up a notch with spray water bottles, combs, round brushes and hair clips! Some days I even let them play makeup - remember I warned you to close your ears honey! When Smoke Bomb and Fire Cracker "get me ready for the party" I look lovely let me tell you! Now I understand my husbands' "concerns" over this, afterall we do have three boys. No harm, no foul I say. Yeah, Smoke Bomb calls himself the "hair guy" sometimes, but they have a blast! It is a treat to me as well. What girl doesn't like to have her hair brushed and makeup done?! Today they even brought out the lotion and gave me a foot massage. Hubby you might want to reconsider and visit the barber shop- you just might be surprised!

No comments:

Post a Comment