The perfect place to track the love and laughs our children bring us each day!





Saturday, May 8, 2010

MORE THAN I COULD ASK FOR

For those who know me well, they understand that homemade, self created gifts far outweigh any gift bought at the store. I treasure these gifts as they mean the world to me! This week, I have been so blessed with Mother's Day programs at both Bottle Rocket and Smoke Bomb's schools. The programs were phenomenal and I so admire the teachers and staff who were involved at each school to make the holiday so special for moms.

Bottle Rocket's program included the entire 1st grade class singing melodies to mom.....so adorable! The last song was a tear-jerker but meaningful nonetheless talking about mom's selfless love and grace.....makes me wonder how I could ever get frustrated with the kids! Back in his classroom we were treated to a powerpoint presentation (where each child drew a picture and stated what they love about their mom!), a cookbook of favorite class recipes that mom makes, a coupon book for mom, ornate flower pen, and book all about mom...all wrapped in a beautiful bag! To top things off they served delicious chocolate and blueberry muffins with punch! I felt like a queen!

The next day, I was invited to Muffins with Mom at Smoke Bomb's preschool.....a lovely time to spend with our second born. The children came out with their class holding a gift for mom. Then they sang "You Are My Sunshine" to us. Afterwards the children presented moms with a Terrific Mom Award and beautiful hand-painted flower pot. Smoke Bomb really did a great job on the flower pot! We then feasted on a huge variety of yummy pastries and muffins with juice. Smoke Bomb was so polite and offered to get me seconds or more juice when I was done! I felt like a queen again! What a special time to spend one-on-one with Smoke Bomb.

I feel so fortunate to have such wonderful teachers and schools for the boys to attend. I speak very highly of both and appreciate all the staff and teachers do to make learning and school a fun experience for the kids.

** MANY, MANY thanks to Mimi and MacGyver for taking care of the kids while I reveled in these special treats this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment