The perfect place to track the love and laughs our children bring us each day!





Monday, July 12, 2010

HEHE....

It was one of those moments where you laugh when you really should not. One of those moments when you think you just might actually pee in your pants because you are laughing so hard. And of course it is always best when shared with someone else.....that makes you laugh even harder!

We were all sitting at the dinner table tonight having a fun time talking and carrying on. Smoke Bomb and Bottle Rocket had finished dinner and MacGyver and I were still eating. Smoke Bomb (who just happened to be sitting in a different seat - yes they have "favorite" chairs at the table!) pointed out the window and exclaimed, "The squirrels are playing on the swingset!!" So of course all three of the boys make their way to look out the backdoor window. No harm. We see the squirrels playing on there quite often. Suddenly Bottle Rocket exclaims excitedly, "Look Dad the squirrels are fighting with each other!"

Hehehehehehe.......Macgyver and I looked at each other and got SO tickled. Hand over my mouth to mask the laughter, I casually made my way to the window to observe the outdoor "brawl". Sure enough the squirrels were at battle, if you will. I must have made some silly faces while observing this because MacGyver kept trying to get my attention to walk away. Bottle Rocket kept talking about the squirrels fighting, and in a quick moment of reaction, I had to be truthful with him. What was my brain thinking? I blurted out to him that the squirrels were in fact not fighting, but making babies. His response was, "How do you know mom?" As if.......hehe. I straight-faced replied that I just knew- It is what you learn when you are the mom of 4 children yourself. And after that, they all got up to be excused and never asked another question! Whew.....I had opened a new can of worms and dodged it with a breeze! I am not holding my breath though. I am sure the boys will be asking about the backyard "birds and bees" before we know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment