The perfect place to track the love and laughs our children bring us each day!





Sunday, February 28, 2010

WE COULD PUT THEM OUT OF BUSINESS

I am not taking any bets, but feel confident that our SUV could give the local grocery stores a run for their money. Food makes kids happy. Period. The kids want to eat at least every other hour. Yep. That is almost 12 times per day that I have to have food ready to eat........times 4! We eat three meals a day and snack ALOT. The children like to snack if we are running errands. They like to snack at the ballfield. They like to snack when we get out of church on Wednesday evenings. They like to snack when we go outside and play. Most of the time I don't really think about it in depth. I'm aware they require a lot of food and enjoy eating frequently. I am aware that a big chunk of the hours in my day are spent around snacking: preparing, planning for, putting them in baggies, trying to be creative to introduce new ideas. A part of our daily routine is to have a snack when we go to pick up Bottle Rocket from school. One afternoon we were driving back into the neighborhood and I stopped to ask a neighbor something. He walked over to the car and politely scanned the front seat and console area. You could barely see either one as they were both covered with bags of food. I could see his eyes growing big, but he did not say a word. I was this close to offering him a snack, just to break the awkardness. As I drove off, I began to laugh. I wanted to yell back out the window and explain that all the food in the front seat was not for me! And when I say all the food, I am not exaggerating- saltine crackers, Town House Crackers, rice cakes, plastic cup with fruit, Triscuits, cheetoes, sippy cups, grapes, BBQ baked lays, bottled water and pretzels. Whew! And that was normal to us! With four kids whose taste vary, I have to plan and maintain basically my own rolling grocery store. Look out local chains, the Super Sub Store is moving in town!

No comments:

Post a Comment