The perfect place to track the love and laughs our children bring us each day!





Friday, April 16, 2010

COUPON CRAZY

I have always been a woman after a deal. I love finding ways to save money. I utilize resources to the maximum and stretch them as far as they can go. I use the heels of the bread, recycle ziploc bags, buy clothes at consignment stores and squeeze every last ounce from the ketchup bottle. Needless to say I have always used coupons. I enjoy seeing the money saved at the bottom of the grocery receipt.

Recently, however, I have taken this to a whole new level and found a few blogs to help me out. It is called coupon match-ups and turns out to be a steal of a deal! The blogs show you weekly specials at various stores (grocery and drugstores) and then even tell you what coupons go with the specials. You can end up spending pennies...if even that.....for items that typically cost dollars. Now this takes some time because you have to save up coupons, organize them and make lists of each store on a weekly basis, but it is worth it! The idea is to stock up on items when they are on special and coupon matched. Then you can spend the money you save to buy your weekly necessities. This means when you run out of basic items, you will usually have them right on hand in your own pantry- no need to run out. I love this concept! The other day at CVS I bought 2 tubes of Revlon lipstick worth $15 and spent $0! Today at HT I spent $20.84 and saved $71! So as you see, I am officialy COUPON CRAZY!

No comments:

Post a Comment