The perfect place to track the love and laughs our children bring us each day!





Thursday, June 10, 2010

A MIND OF HER OWN........AT 18 MONTHS!?!?


Without a doubt, Sparkler has been her own person since the day she entered the world. Well let me rephrase that. It started in the womb. Each time I had to have a non-stress test to check her heartbeat and health before she was born, she would typically decide it would be more fun to "play" than cooperate with the doctors. A test that should normally only take 15 minutes or so would often take an hour or more. It began to be a running joke and several times they were sure she would have to be delivered that day until the last minute when she cooperated! The evidence was already there....this girl is going to have a mind of her own!
Surely this is a good thing ....I mean I want her to be an independent, stand-up-for herself and creative type of person. I was just not prepared to see it so soon. She seems so little and yet here she is "telling" me what she likes. A great example is her fashion. Yes, you heard me right, she already has fashion preferences! The other day I put on her dress and sandals that matched. We got downstairs and she immediately took of her sandals and brought me her black boots. Then she proceeded to say "Mama" repeatedly until I put them on. Next, she picked up her pink silly band, given to her by Smoke Bomb, and put it on her arm.......way up high above her elbow so it would fit just so! Then, (and I am not exaggerating one bit!) she walked over to her bows and pointed once again saying "bow, bow" until I got one down. I put it in her hair and she exclaimed, "No"! I tried another bow with the same response and she would have nothing to do with it. I finally took down the American flag bow that her aunt had recently given her and sure enough she leaned her head down to have the bow put in her hair. Then she happily pranced away- all 'girly' and ready to go! I was cracking up.....just one of these alone would have tickled me, but all at once? I can't wait to see what's next! Way to go Sparkler...keep dancing to your own tune!

No comments:

Post a Comment