The perfect place to track the love and laughs our children bring us each day!





Thursday, June 3, 2010

YOU ARE NEVER TOO OLD!

Recently we put a lot of baby things away since Sparkler is getting older and not using it much. One of the things we put away was the pack-n-play in the den. I used to let (okay, more like make!) her play in it while I cooked dinner or the kids did homework. But she had outgrown it......so I thought!?!

Here is where I found her in the playroom the other morning. She had been really quiet and that is a tell-tale sign that something is going on. I caught a glimpse of her as I rounded the corner and then ran to get the camera once I realized what she had done. Somehow (the how will follow at the end of this post) she had managed to climb into her babydoll's miniature pack-n-play! She was just sitting there as content as
could be, snug as a bug in a rug!

It reminded me that we are never too old for some things! Why not go after some of those things we might think we can't do because we are too old? We are only too old if we think we are, right? Is there something you have been wanting to do but stop yourself for fear that you are "too old"? Bahumbug I say......get out there and do it!

ENDNOTE: So the way she got in the pack-n-play was HEAD FIRST! She bent forward, head down on the bottom of the pack-n-play, did a side roll and brought her hips over the top edge, wriggled around and there she was! I am telling you this child has NO FEAR! It was hilarious!

No comments:

Post a Comment