The perfect place to track the love and laughs our children bring us each day!





Wednesday, June 2, 2010

YEARBOOK TIME!

It still cracks me up that elementary school students get a yearbook! They are still so little! Bottle Rocket's school did a great job with the book this year. He brought it home yesterday and showed it off proudly. Wow, what a year does! I (or he!) could probably not even tell you where the year book is from last year. He brought it home, looked over it and never touched it again. Well this year, it is the coolest thing since silly bands! He checked multiple times between last night and this morning to be sure he had it packed to go back to school today. He is giddy to have all his classmates sign the yearbook. It really is cute.

The sweetest thing about the whole yearbook happened this morning. Early this morning we heard Bottle Rocket in his room telling Smoke Bomb that he wanted him to be the first to sign his new yearbook! I have mentioned before that one of my frequent prayers is that our kids are close to each other and remain that way for life. What a blessing to see this affection between Bottle Rocket and Smoke Bomb. As if that was not plenty to make my day, we got downstairs to eat breakfast and Bottle Rocket asked MacGyver and I to sign the yearbook too! Now trust me, I am not naive! I know there will come a day when the last thing our kids want is their parents to sign the yearbook. For now, however, it is a great feeling to see Bottle Rocket focusing on one of the most important parts of life- family! I am very proud of you Bottle Rocket!

No comments:

Post a Comment