The perfect place to track the love and laughs our children bring us each day!





Tuesday, October 12, 2010

THIS POINT







Then I reached this point......the point when I knew that point was no big deal. The point I knew that life was a constant balancing act between that point and this point. The point I knew that point was necessary to reach this point! I am a firm believer that things happen for a reason and in a certain time frame for a specific purpose. And this was one of those times.

I was admittedly at wits end and feeling quite overwhelmed just before a scheduled weekend at the beach with my parents and siblings. It could not have come at a better time. I did not ask for it, nor in any fashion whatsoever did we expect it. It was something that had been planned for months in advance. But the timing could not have been more perfect.

This past weekend, we traveled to the beach with my parents and family for the holiday weekend. They all helped so much in taking care of the kids over the weekend. They insisted we let them wake up with the kids (which was 5:45am on the first day!) and made every effort to allow us to enjoy the moment. We had a wonderful chance to catch our breath, watch the kids with other family members and spend time with each other.

They helped so much that MacGyver and I felt like we were teenagers again! We had time to breathe and relax a bit, time to read a few minutes and time to spend just as a couple. We had time to sit on the beach, take a ride together, eat breakfast at a separate table and hang out at night with family members laughing remembering the "good old days!" It was so much fun and so much of a treat! When you are in the throes of parenting, it is quite easy to forget about who you are as a couple and when opportunities such as this come along it is quite refreshing. I think it is great for the kids as well! I don't think my parents or sister and brother-in-law realize just how special this time was to us! Not only was it great to spend time together as a family, we also had time to enjoy the trip with extra help in the responsibilities! It was rather memorable....the first time we had all been together at the beach in over 20 years! Not to mention it was the same beach I grew up at each summer as a child.

All 4 kids loved the playing on the beach and swimming in the pool (thanks to 90 degree weather in the early fall!). We enjoyed hanging out in the tide pools, boogie boarding, flying kites and writing alphabet letters in the sand. The weather was perfect without a cloud in site all four days! We watched the sunrise on the porch and ate chocolate cake for breakfast! It was super! I will forever appreciate all the memories that were made (and time "off'")!

No comments:

Post a Comment