The perfect place to track the love and laughs our children bring us each day!





Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Will You Hold Me Mama?

These are some of the sweetest words ever whispered to a mom- new or seasoned. Our two year old, Fire Cracker is very spunky, energetic and busy throughout the day trying to keep up with his older brothers. But when he winds down at night and lays in his bed, he asks in a quiet voice to be held. Of course you can't resist his request and when he says hold me, he means it with all his heart. He wants you to put your head on his chest and then wraps his little short arms as tightly around you as he can. And then......he lies as still as could be and doesn't budge an inch! To me it just shows how special he thinks that time is. I hope he knows how special it is to me as well. I try to embrace each of these moments to the fullest potential. With our youngest nearing 1 and the middle turning 5 soon, it is certainly a quick reminder that kids grow up FAST! Of course I remind them that even when they are 15 or 35 or 50, they can still ask me to hold them..... and of course I gladly will!

1 comment:

  1. Awww...Cookie Monster is so sweet!! Love the blog...thanks again for sharing!

    ReplyDelete