The perfect place to track the love and laughs our children bring us each day!





Friday, August 6, 2010

AMORE

All of our children are affectionate. Some more than others, no doubt. But at any given time, it is not too hard to twist an arm for a big hug or seat on your lap. As parents, we work to foster the importance of family and loving each other. You can often hear MacGyver telling the boys when they fight with each other...."no matter what, at the end of the day and for the rest of your life, you will have each other.....friends will come and go.....but your siblings will remain....so watch each others back and learn to get along". Ahhh, very true!

There is not often a day that goes by when MacGyver and I voice out loud or ponder to ourselves about the blessings of our children. Sometimes we still can't believe that we have 4 children. Having one child is a miracle in itself. Having four is beyond imagination some days. We feel so humbled and fortunate that God has entrusted us with these beautiful gifts. It is a gift that could never be repaid. My sister gave me a sign a few years back that says "No matter how many kids a mom has, she loves each of them the most!" This is very, very true. Our maker designed us with a capacity to love that is undescribable. When pregnant with Fire Cracker and Sparkler, I often wondered how I could spread out my love to 3/4 children. How would it be equal? Does your heart ever reach a 'maximum capacity'? But it became evident pretty quick that there is room in my heart...plenty of room....to love each child....equally......wholly.......unconditionally.........and fully! I cannot tell you how, it just happens. I do know that it is not mere coincidence!

Each day as I watch our kids, I see a similar love among them and it makes my heart swell. I can see how much they truly care for each other. They hug on each other, pick each other up, snuggle in bed together to read books and often give each other encouragement and help (of course as I type this, Smoke Bomb and Bottle Rocket are screaming at each other over hotwheels!). One day a neighbor said she saw Bottle Rocket run over to Sparkler when she fell. He just immediately reacted- before we even got to her. I believe it is the little things like this that make for a fine person down the road. The world needs more love these days. Families need more love these days. Kids need more love these days. You often hear people say parents must be doing a good job if their kids are acting good. I say that great kids make a parent good!

No comments:

Post a Comment