The perfect place to track the love and laughs our children bring us each day!





Monday, August 2, 2010

IT'S A BOY THING

Some days I feel like I am in a whirlwind (well....really I feel like that everyday as the mom of 4 kids!). I have been so used to boys for years and now Sparkler has begun to enjoy girlie things like jewelry, tutus and baby dolls. Constantly throughout the day I find myself shifting between the two and love every minute of it. Partly due to the age of our kids and partly due to the gender of our kids, MacGyver and I often split up to do different activities with the kids. Don't get me wrong, I love spending time with the boys and we play a ton together but Dad always makes things more fun!

The other day MacGyver took Smokebomb and Bottle Rocket to the river in our neighborhood to build a tire swing. Yep, a tire
swing! They took a teenage neighbor and all had a blast! When they got back home, they were COVERED in mud. Did I say covered? I meant SMOTHERED in mud. White shirts were brown. Mud was all clumped on their clothes. Their shoes were all soaked through and through. Exposed legs and arms were painted with blotches of dirt. The scent of freshly acquired mud enveloped the house. I had just finished several loads of laundry when they came back home. I saw this scene and wanted to cry...........But then each boy (including MacGyver!) was grinning ear to ear! I could not help but smile myself and laugh at the fun they must have had! It was an "ah-ha" moment for mom. I honestly felt God gently nudge me on the shoulder and say, "This is only the beginning! Relax and be joyful....that they are your children, that they have such a wonderful and loving dad, and that they love being boys!.

No comments:

Post a Comment