The perfect place to track the love and laughs our children bring us each day!





Monday, August 30, 2010

THE NEW WAY TO TODDLER PROOF A HOME

Having a 1 year old in the house is exciting! They are like little sponges....learning new things, exploring (everything in the house!), trying, watching, challenging, running, screaming, singing, dancing, crying, jumping, falling, talking, climbing, laughing, squealing, temper tantruming (yes, I know it is a made up word, but it works for this post). Sparkler is a VERY ACTIVE child. She has been since she was in the womb. And she is into everything.... full of life as her Mimi puts it! It is so much fun to watch. And yet so tiring some days to keep up with! I have found lately that it is a wee bit difficult to.....well, do anything! Sparkler's new adventure is to sit in the kitchen table chairs. No problem, except we have a tall table and 24 inch stool seats which means a long way down if she falls. She also loves to go in the pantry and play self serve. Except it is more like, self spill! Don't get me wrong. I am excited for her and know she is having a ball at all her newfound independence. A few weeks ago we 'sillybanded' the pantry door closed. Works like a charm. Now she even pulls the sillybands across the handles if the door is "unlocked!" Today she wanted to sit in the chairs while I did a few minutes of work. My nerves were about shot trying to keep one eye on her and type an email that made logical sense. And so with that, I laid down each kitchen table chair, pushed them under the table and wa-la. There you have it. The new and improved, sure to keep you sane for at least a few more minutes, toddler proof home idea. For a fleeting moment, I wondered if this was normal. But today, I was willing to be okay with it even if it was not normal! Don't worry, I know that more are sure to follow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment