The perfect place to track the love and laughs our children bring us each day!





Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I HAVE A NEW LOVE IN MY LIFE!!




Well okay, it's really an old love, but freshly renewed after last week. I have always LOVED the beach......we are talking seriously loved the beach. When we were little, I used to cry on Saturday morning driving down beach road for the last time when we had to leave. I used to beg my parents to stay another day. I used to wear my bathing suit on the road trip to the beach. I take that back.......I used to wear my bathing suit to bed the night before!

Not much has changed. I told the kids this year that I was so excited about the beach I could almost pee! The kids know it is a family rule that they have to wear their bathing suits on the trip to the beach. This year they even asked if they could wear their suits to bed! Last year, Bottle Rocket, with his newly acquired reading skills, excitedly read all the signs about July 4th fireworks on the pier and convinced us to stay another day. This year, I was able to talk the family into staying one more day! We always wait until the last minute to make condo reservations so we can get a good discount. This also just happens to leave some wiggle room to stay another day.....hehe!!

Anyhow, I told MacGyver that I love the beach now more than ever after our recent trip. Watching the kids have so much fun and revel in all the beauty of the beach just melted my heart all week. Seeing things through their eyes made the beach all that more wondrous to me. I woke up each morning eager myself to get out to the sand and surf, but the real reason I was so excited was to be with the kids in the sand and surf. Things like watching the sunrise over the ocean, walking on the beach, collecting seashells, sitting on the balcony at dawn and playing in the ocean seemed to all take on a new meaning. I can see now why my parents loved the beach so much. I am grateful for the time we had at the beach this year and will cherish the memories for a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment