The perfect place to track the love and laughs our children bring us each day!





Monday, August 30, 2010

SPARE TIME

We sent our second child off to school this past week. I was not ready for it (nor was I ready to have a second grader!) but there was not any choice. As my mom emailed me earlier this week, time moves all things forward. Simple, yet so true. If you cannot tell, the time topic has been on my mind a bit lately!

I am used to random people asking questions about our large family. It never fails when we are out and about that someone will ask if they all belong to me. I have become accustomed to it now. I guess I should have come to expect the latest group of questions since the older boys are now in school. So without further ado.......here it is...............
"Wow! So what will you do with all that spare time now? You won't know what to do with yourself having only two at home?! You must be looking forward to that so much!" Hehe. I always want to challenge them to come spend a day with us. Bet that might change their perspective a bit!


It cracks me up! Spare time? Does having only two at home now mean I can take that bubble bath I meant to take for the past 4 years? Or read that book I have been meaning to read for the past few months? Or perhaps I will get to finish the baby scrapbooks....from child #1!

No offense to these comments or those who say them. But honestly I did not have children in hopes of sending them off one day. I did not count the days until they were "gone" each day. I have not been excited that only 2 will be at home this year. I was sad when Bottle Rocket went off to school and there were only 3 at home. The fact is, I miss my kids. Sure things will be a bit quieter and a tad slower than previous years. But I like spending time with my children and having a full house. As for the spare time issue, I'm not taking any bets, but I am pretty sure I will 'find' plenty to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment