The perfect place to track the love and laughs our children bring us each day!





Sunday, November 14, 2010

FAVORITE THINGS......PART II

It is said that a mom knows a lot of things about her kids......their shoe size, the foods they like (and don't like!), their favorite book, how they like their clothes organized, how tall they are, how much they weigh, etc. To stay up to date, I ask the kiddos every once in awhile what some of their favorite things are. You might remember me asking Fire Cracker awhile back.

Smoke Bomb is a very intense, passionate and independent young man. He knows what he wants and likes, but often has a tough time opening up to let people know. He readily admits he loves hugs and being told how much we love him, yet you have to have a lasso some days to get a hold of him for a squeeze! He will often wriggle around and fight to get loose. Other times he is completely willing to be held and will sit for a moment while being embraced. I love him for this trait and respect his need for personal space. I also want him to be open to letting others love him.....open to being told how special he is (and believing it!) and open to accepting love from others/showing love to others. That being said, it is such a delight to me when he comes up wanting to be held and chat. We have recently moved rooms for the boys....Smoke Bomb now has his own room and Fire Cracker and Smoke Bomb share a room. They are all excited about the new move, but often at nighttime Smoke Bomb will tell us he is sad and wants to be held. It has been a bit better recently, but last night he came and laid smack dab in my arms, hugging my neck and put his head down on my shoulder. Oh such sweet moments! I try to take mental snapshots of these times. We talked for awhile and then I asked him about his favorite things. I had to literally drag myself up to put him to bed after about 40 minutes..........I didn't want that moment to end!!

Favorite food: Pizza
Favorite Candy: Skittles
Favorite Color: Orange
Favorite Person: God
Favorite Friend: Bro Bro's (Bottle Rocket and Fire Cracker)
Favorite Subject at school: Math and PE

Favorite Thing to do: Play outside

No comments:

Post a Comment