The perfect place to track the love and laughs our children bring us each day!





Tuesday, November 30, 2010

WHAT DID YOU SAY?

There are some days when I will cry if I don't laugh. Not because I am unhappy. It is because of the chaos. You start one thing, get called away to another while little do you know the den is being "redecorated" by your one and three year old. I would not trade it for the world, but do admit that some days, they give me more of a run than I have money for!! On days like this, I really try to focus on the things that are a must. The things that have to get done. I also try to focus on the fact that these days will be a distant memory before I know it. One of the ways I do this is to record funny things the kids do and say. Before I know it, I am laughing hysterically- thank goodness! Here are a few of the things I have heard lately around our home.


Smoke Bomb to Fire Cracker: If you don't close your eyes and count to 10 (playing hide and seek) then that is cheating and you will not be able to play. Do you want to miss the whole "world serious" like in baseball? (translation: world series!).


Mama to Fire Cracker in the carpool line at school after he asked how God put babies in mama's belly: Well, when a man and woman love each other........tweet, tweet, buzz, buzz!!


We don't bite Sparkler! (hard to believe we have a biter again- tis the stage of a 2 year old!)


Mama to Sparkler and Fire Cracker (these 2 are something else when they work together!): No! You cannot eat the candy cane off the Christmas tree. It is probably 5 years old.

I love the gift you picked out for Smoke Bomb/Bottle Rocket. It will be just perfect!: They were able to buy gifts for each other today at the school "Holiday Express" and they both picked out the same gift for each other! MacGyver says predictable, I say fascinating. Smoke Bomb was so excited that he bought this gift for his brother in hopes he would share it with him! Little does he know!

Sparkler: 'Nother one! She has apparently fallen in love with looking at Christmas lights as much as the boys. Any time we drive through the neighborhood at night, she exclaims "nother one" with such excitement. It took a few minutes to realize what she was saying at first, but it is now clear as day when she points them out! Here's to another Christmas tradition in the works!

No comments:

Post a Comment