The perfect place to track the love and laughs our children bring us each day!





Friday, November 5, 2010

FINALLY (WHAT IS BETTER THAN ONE RAINBOW?) FRIDAY!!

A double rainbow!! For those who know me, I love rainbows. I always have. They fascinate me. And they are beautiful. As I became an adult, rainbows have taken on a whole new meaning to me. Our first child was born in the coldest part of the winter.....in fact, it snowed the day he came home from the hospital. That being said, it was beyond belief that we saw a rainbow in the sky the afternoon he was born. Smack dab in the middle of the winter. Rare to say the least. We all knew this was not a coincidence. You see Macgyver's father passed away when he was 19. He was a great man and dearly missed to many. We named our first son after him. I spent 3 days in labor with him and he was born almost 6 weeks early. It was a scary, yet exciting time in our lives. But there in the midst, we were given a reminder of His love and provision. We were given a peaceful reminder that all things happen in His time and for His purpose. A promise that he stands on day after day. He never changes. He never leaves us. And that, my friends, is no coincidence.


Today happened to be my birthday and here in the south we don't usually see rainbows past August or so. I was so excited to share this double rainbow with my kids. I always remind them that rainbows are a symbol God gave to Noah after the 40 days and 40 nights of rain. It is a symbol of His promise and by far quite a remarkable one. I know that it was not coincidence to see this double rainbow today. I was resisting this birthday like no other......frustrated, sad and depressed about it....but really for no reason....just selfishness. This gift in the sky reminded me that I should count it all as joy......rejoice in today and seek Him every day. He definitely got my
attention today. Check out the beauty of these pictures!



No comments:

Post a Comment