The perfect place to track the love and laughs our children bring us each day!





Monday, September 13, 2010

THE COOKIE STORE

Those of you who know me well understand that I have turned coupon crazy. It takes a lot of time, but well worth it to me and our family. We think our boys eat a lot now.....fast forward 10 years and we are going to need 2 freezers, 2 fridges and stock in the local grocery store! We can almost run through a loaf of bread and gallon of milk in 1 day at this point! Almost. That being said, I frequent several stores each week to "buy" the free or very low cost items on sale. I don't go too crazy and don't buy things we will never use. We do save a great deal of money and have items we frequently use on the shelf. It is nice not to have to run out for staple items all the time.

One of the grocery stores we visit always provides cookies for the kids. What a blessing! I can usually (okay, sometimes!) make it all the way around the store without a fuss thanks to the cookies. And yes, I know it says one per person. I just happen to pick up 2 (or 3!) extra for the kids who are in school.....hehe. Wonder if they really watch for people like me?! Anyway, this morning I told Fire Cracker to go put on his shoes. His reply was, "Mama, are we going to the cookie store?" I could not help but laugh. At least he associates grocery shopping with something enjoyable. On a side note, the cookie store has cupers double coupons starting this Wednesday! Looks like the kids will be getting lots of cookies!

No comments:

Post a Comment